The Property Explorer – We are delighted to offer to the market this niche and rarely available 1980’s built four bedroom detached family home built by messers Oliver Headley. This wonderful family property is pleasantly situated on a quiet cul-de-sac of just three houses accessed via a private drive, occupying a larger than average plot and within easy walking distance of Basingstoke town centre and the mainline railway station with regular services to London Waterloo in under an hour. The ground floor accommodation benefits from two good sized bedrooms, well appointed luxury refitted kitchen/breakfast room, bespoke refitted family bathroom, and the wow factor and social hub of the property is the larger than average spacious lounge with feature vaulted ceiling. The first floor accommodation offers a large master bedroom, en-suite, and further guest bedroom with access to the loft. Externally there is ample driveway parking to the front and a generously sized rear garden offering an excellent degree of privacy.
• Central heating throughout – wall boiler in kitchen, last full maintenance autumn 2018 • Décor throughout in Farrow & Ball emulsions except for the master bedroom and larger downstairs bedroom which are in Laura Ashley emulsions and the smaller upstairs bedroom which is in a Dulux shade. • Double glazed throughout • Security alarm, maintained annually • Landscaped gardens with mature and varied planting • Patio area with water feature • Front courtyard with parking for up to 3 vehicles • Single garage with power, up-and-over door, storage racks and eaves storage areas • Gated access to back garden • Outside, weatherproof power socket on rear of garage • Two small, well-maintained sheds, currently used as a garden shed and a workshop •
• Easy walking distance (0.6 of a mile) to Basingstoke rail station then several fast services each hour (fastest 45 minutes) direct to London Waterloo. Well connected for direct links (no changes) to other parts of the country including Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton, Weymouth and Exeter. National Express buses also run from outside the station with links to, for example, London Heathrow • Short walk (0.4 of a mile) to Waitrose and John Lewis •
Hall and staircase
• 3 large under-stairs cupboards
Kitchen / breakfast room
• Cream-coloured units with sealed and waxed, real-wood worktops
• Whirlpool induction hob, Neff oven
• Extractor hood
• 7 double sockets around the work surfaces, in addition to supplies for appliances
• 2/3 – 1/3 fridge-freezer, then second small freezer, each with switched electrical supply.
• Integrated, full-size dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, each with a switched dedicated electrical supply.
• Under-cupboard lighting and illuminated display cabinets.
• Dimmable low-wattage ceiling lights at the eating end.
• Karndean flooring
• Gas boiler, last full maintenance September 2018.
Lounge / dining area
• Cream stone fireplace
• Top of the range, remote-controlled gas fire with log effect and ‘Embaglow’. Under 3 year guarantee until 28 November 2020.
• Patio doors.
• Laura Ashley wallpaper and curtains, walls painted in Laura Ashley shade.
• Currently used as a study, but storage built to allow easy conversion to a wardrobe for bedroom use if preferred.
• Dimmable low-wattage ceiling lights.
• Wooden flooring.
• Stone wall tiles.
• Karndean flooring
• D-shaped bath with curved screen
• Grohl shower fittings
• Large illuminated heated (anti-misting) mirror with shaver socket
• Towel ladder radiator.
• Low voltage extractor fan.
Master bedroom 3
• Laura Ashley wallpaper and paint.
• En-suite with walk-in power shower, mirrored LED lit wall cabinet with digital clock, heated anti-misting front mirror and shaver socket (also for toothbrush charging) inside. Towel ladder radiator. Extractor fan.
• With shelved airing cupboard containing hot water tank, boiler heated but also with an electric immersion heater.
• Velux window.
• Loft hatch in ceiling.
Fixtures not included
• Ship’s bell, barometer and clock in the hall
• ‘Tin’ pictures in the kitchen
• Bird table in the front garden
• Hose reel in the back garden
Negotiable fixtures and fittings
• Laura Ashley professionally made curtains in lounge (original cost circa £1,350)
• Water softener, value circa £2,000
Disclaimer – The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement.
Yamoona.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Yamoona.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by the owner, selling agent or developer, so please contact them directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.